Love is in the air

1.1 Linda West
Summer 1995, Pizzeria Sunny Morning

"We have a '79 Renoit which would go perfectly with the steak", the waiter offered. 
"Sounds really great", Alejandro said. "And you?"
"I would like that too", Linda said.

Linda liked the small Italian restaurant where Alejandro invited her tonight, it was cozy and quiet. Nevertheless, she would have preferred to stay a bit longer in the lab and meet later.
Or maybe even meet only by tomorrow night.
"I'm so happy you could make some time! But won't you be too tired for tomorrow's concert?"
"Baby, I am sorry for any minute I spent without you!", was his response.
She had to laugh. "Stop that nonsense!" She didn't know why he always had to say those things, the less how to respond to them.
"Actually, I wanted to ask if you can take a week off after the season is over. I found a very nice place, we should go there!" he said.
"A vacation?", she thought. That would actually be a great idea. She could use a break.
"Oh, you make me curious! Where is it?"
"It's a surprise!"

After dinner, they strolled around the garden in front of the restaurant.
"It was nice tonight", she said, more caught in her own thoughts, than really being there.
"- Oh!" Linda was caught by surprise, when Alejandro took her hand, bowed and gave it a gentle kiss.
"It was", he simply confirmed.
Again, this was something confusing for her.
"I think we should go home.. I have work tomorrow, too", she said weakly.

Alejandro responded by pulling her closer and kissing her; "How about I sleep tonight at your place?"
Now this was something she did understand, and she didn't mind at all. 
She couldn't help but wonder if he used to kiss his wife the same? 
But after all, she didn't really care.

23 comments:

  1. ohhh, my first comment :D
    thank you!
    I hope you enjoy reading the story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wait. Is he married? Or divorced? Or widowed?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this setting. It's great. The pizzeria has such a neat vibe. And oh, that last line was so striking. He's married? So they're having an affair? Or I guess he could be separated/divorced or widowed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alejandro better not be a creepazoid and a cheater �� (widows are very blessed in my eyes though)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a way to start a story. A tryst with a (possibly) married man? I loved the restaurant you used for the date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it smells like trouble c:
      Thanks! I found it so pretty.

      Delete
  6. Xjojox here. Hmm if he USED to kiss his wife like this im thinking his divorced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't have to be divorced to not kiss his wife xD
      But you'll see ;)

      Delete
  7. That's a girl after my own heart; wife? Whatevs! Yes please to naughty sleepover ��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here I go! :) Nice start... lots of mystery already

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gaaaah! Who is there, starting to read a new story after months of actually CUTTING ones?
    I'm in for a relaxing read which might mean larger amounts of chapters with less comments because it's easier to enjoy a good story then �� Plus it will take a TON of time to catch up, which is totally normal (ask Jes ��)
    What has happened so far, I like (very much). And oh. My. Goodness. Alejandro's married and Linda KNOWS and doesn't care. I'm super judgy on this one, so let's see how it'll develop ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooooons <3 <3 <3
      I'm glad you have finally some time, and even more you waste it here :D
      Also glad the start has caught your interest already ;D

      Delete
    2. Lol that wasn't supposed to mean I'd have time, it's just that I brazenly take it

      Delete
  10. D: here's hoping hes actually divorced... Im not going to read the comments so I dont get spoilers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhhh welcome mercury ! <3
      ehehe
      if he was divorced, where's the conflict? 😏

      Delete
  11. Looks like this is a fairly new relationship, she doesn't seem to trust him much yet, and I kind of get why, he's being too sweet, but almost in a calculated way. But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, given how little we know so far.

    The marriage part had the phrase "used to" thrown in, which would suggest that he's not married currently, or if he is, is separated. Which would explain why he comes across like he's holding back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holding back, that's def something both do.
      I like that you picked up on the detail "used to" :D
      anyway, since you've binged like half of S1 so far (❤❤) I don't have to say anything about their relationship :D

      Delete